Support our Tijuana-based partners
Click to donate to our partner organizations on the front lines in Tijuana.
- Espacio Migrante is a binational nonprofit organization and family shelter for asylum seekers that promotes community development and healing through art. Donate by clicking at top right
- Al Otro Lado is a social justice legal services organization serving deportees, migrants, and refugees in Tijuana. They are one of the few US-trained legal aid organizations available to migrants.
- Innovation Law Lab uses technology to scale up access to legal representation for immigrants in US detention.
- Casa del Migrante Tijuana is the oldest shelter in Tijuana and houses up to 140 deportees and asylum seekers daily, providing food to hundreds more. Donate here.
Support our program
Click here to donate directly to MMFRP.
The MMFRP runs on a shoestring budget, and all donations directly support the travel and participation of low-income and first-generation students, many of whom have few opportunities to engage in community-based, international work.
- $20 provides a week’s worth of meals to an immigrant we work with
- $50 buys a voice recorder for research
- $100 takes a carload of students to and from Tijuana for research
- $250 funds a migrant’s work as a community “trust bridge” with our students
- $500 sponsor a low-income student to participate in the program for a year.
Please email Dr. Abigail Andrews at alandrews @ ucsd.edu for further information.