Support our Tijuana-based partners
- Espacio Migrante is a binational nonprofit organization and family shelter for asylum seekers that promotes community development and healing through art. Donate by clicking at top right
- Al Otro Lado is a social justice legal services organization serving deportees, migrants, and refugees in Tijuana. They are one of the few US-trained legal aid organizations available to migrants.
Support our program
Click here to donate directly to MMFRP.
The MMFRP runs on a shoestring budget, and all donations support the participation of low-income and first-generation students in community-based, international work.
- $20 provides a week’s worth of meals to an immigrant we work with
- $50 buys a voice recorder for research
- $100 takes a carload of students to and from Tijuana for research
- $250 funds a migrant’s work as a community “trust bridge” with our students
- $500 sponsor a low-income student to participate in the program for a year.
Please email Dr. Abigail Andrews at alandrews @ ucsd.edu for further information.